Bethlehem Baptist Church

News

BETHLEHEM BAPTIST CHURCH HISTORY


1883 Church organized as a bush harbor

1886 Named “Bethlehem” and first church built

1901One acre plot on Center-College Road purchased

1902 Cornerstone laid

1945 New building erected and cemetery dedicated

1958 Second cornerstone laid and the addition more land for a cemetery

1965 Church renovated with new pews, air conditioning and public address system

 1975 New renovations with an annex that included a kitchen and dual purposecafeteria/classrooms

 1991 Five acres of land purchased on Bethuel Road for new church

1993 Planning started for new church building

1995 Groundbreaking ceremony for new church

1996 Church completed and dedicated

2004 Mortgage burning ceremony

2010 Children’s church started